Speaking of bifocal lens, it is not a sort of new-tech lenses, but bifocal lens has been around for decades. After the introduction of progressive lenses in the 1990’s, bifocal lens was used by wearers that wanted the convenience of near and far vision correction in the same pair of eyewear. Specifically, bifocals are most commonly prescribed to people with presbyopia who also require a correction for myopia, hyperopia as well as astigmatism. In fact, bifocal lens is the best alternative to cure astigmatism. In terms of history of bifocals, the first bifocal lens inventor is legally said to be Benjamin Franklin. He might be one of the sufferers of astigmatism when he was old.
Regardless of the history of bifocal lens, as a matter of fact, there are two types which are lined bifocals and no-lined bifocals. This first one is the oldest and commonest member in the family. How to say, there is an evident division line in the middle of the lenses. Well, another one is the latest member in the family. As no such division can be found in those lenses, they are also called progressive bifocals at the same time. All in all, these two types of bifocals lens are very good alternatives for people with more than one vision problems.
Well, to fit bifocal lens properly is also very important, and the eyewear frame must be the most essential part to be adjusted to your face. So an optical professional measures the seg height of your lenses. Besides that, some people may have some questions about the cost of bifocal lens. Generally speaking, bifocal lens is much expensive than ordinary lenses, so people have to pay more money if they purchase bifocal lens than ordinary one. Nevertheless, if those lenses can be purchased from online vendor, they will be much cheaper than ordinary lenses from real optical stores. Additionally, conventional bifocal lens is cheaper than bifocal progressive ones. So you should choose one which are suitable for your situation and preference.
- Who invented the first pair of bifocal glasses?
- What are the advantages of progressive glasses over lined bifocals ?
- What are the disadvantages of lined Bifocal glasses?
- Should I get bifocal glasses or two separate glasses?
- What are progressive eyeglasses and the difference between progressive and bifocals?
- Are all no line glasses progressive?
- Can I use bifocal glass for frequent computer work?
- Can a 25- year-old person get bifocal glasses from doctor?
- Why I get a headache when wearing bifocal glasses?
- Can bifocal glasses help slow down nearsightedness?